Standard of Excellence
MEMBER AND LOCAL UNION RESPONSIBILITIES:
To ensure the UA Standard for Excellence platform meets and maintains its goals, UA business managers, shop stewards and local membership shall ensure all members:
- Arrive on time. Adhere to lunch and break times. (Personal cell phones are only used at this time.)
- Be prepared with required tools. Respect tools and equipment supplied by the employer.
- Adhere to the zero tolerance substance abuse policy.
- Eliminate work disruptions.
- Ensure safe on-time completion of projects.
- Respect property. Vandalism is not tolerated.
- Be productive and dress appropriately.
- Respect and adhere to employer and customer rules and policies.
- Follow management directives.
- Enhance skill level by using local and international training classes and take advantage of the certification system.
EMPLOYER AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
MCAA/MSCA/PFI/MCPWB/PCA/UAC and NFSA and its signatory contractors have the responsibility to manage their jobs effectively. They have the following responsibilities under the UA Standard for Excellence:
- Ineffective management, superintendents, journeyworkers and apprentices will be returned to the referral hall.
- Provide worker recognition.
- Ensure all materials needed are available.
- Provide storage for tools.
- Ensure leadership takes responsibility for mistakes created by management decisions.
- Promote and support continued education and training.
- Provide leadership to jobsite supervisors.
- Cooperate and communicate with job steward.
- Be consistent and fair with disciplinary action.
- Create and maintain a safe work environment.
- Have properly manned projects.
- Treat employees with respect.